We want to thank your family for being a valuable part of autism research studies in the past. As such, we wanted to let you know of another study that may be of interest to you.
We will be hosting a Healthcare Transition Study on Saturday January 31st in Liberty MO. Here are the details:
· Families of youth ages 16-25 with an autism spectrum diagnosis
· One parent or Caregiver will meet in a small focus group to share thoughts as to what families need to prepare for health related independence-
· Your child will participate in an individual interview to share thoughts of their goals and what they feel is needed to achieve them
· Caregiver may participate even if youth is unable- and vice-versa
· One visit only- caregiver focus group lasts about 2 hours, youth interview 45 minutes to 1 hour.
· Caregivers receive $20 cash for participating, and Youth would also receive $20 cash for participating
The when and where:
Saturday January 31st
Autism Works, 915 East County Road H, Liberty Mo
You may choose from 2 different sessions: 10:00am-noon, or 1:00pm-3pm
Space is limited – so please let me know right away if you would be interested in assisting with this important study!
Have a wonderful and blessed holiday.
Jill Akers, LPN
Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopmental Disorders
University of Missouri
205 Portland Street, Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: 573-884-6092 | thompsoncenter.missouri.edu